RNA – Hujjat al-Islamic Dr. Ali Abbasi, the dean of the al-Mustafa International University issued a statement in the wake of the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and recent events in Iran.
Coronavirus first emerged in the central Chinese city of Wuhan late last year and is now spreading in Europe and across the Middle East, sparking fears of a global pandemic.
Around 2,800 people have died in China and more than 80,000 have been infected. There have been more than 50 deaths and 3,600 cases in dozens of other countries, raising fears of a pandemic.
In Iran, the virus showed up in the north-central city of Qom, a destination for Muslim pilgrims from across the world.
The text of the message is as follows:
In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
“… and those who are patient in stress and distress, and in the heat of battle, they are the ones who are true [to their covenant], and it’s they who are the Godwary” [The Holy Quran 2:177]
Dear brothers and sisters, scholars, teachers and colleagues of al-Mustafa International University, by celebrating the beginning of the holy month of Rajab, the month of ever-increasing remembrance, prayer, fasting, uprising, correctness and health, we pray for the grace of God.
In light of the current situation, I will present some points:
1. Current events, especially the recent spread of viral [Coronavirus], are examples of a divine affliction and examination and God-willing, this problem will be resolved by relying on God Almighty and the expediency and tact of the officials and the vigilance of the people. In this situation, it’s necessary to maintain calmness and observe the points provided by the relevant channels.
2. It’s no secret that the Islamic Revolution and our dear people have been the target of a media and psychological war more than ever before. Thwarting this invasion and overcoming it with pride will add to the revolutionary experience of our society and we will empty the hands of the enemies. The best way to thwart this psychological war is to not pay heed to it and maintain social peace and trust in formal and responsible institutions.
3. Since the first hours of this announcement, officials of al-Mustafa International University have attended official decision-making meetings in Qom province and have coordinated with other institutions and in accordance with the decisions of the special headquarters, this issue has been accomplished and, God-willing, this coordination will continue after this.
4. An extraordinary session of al-Mustafa International University was convened and this issue was placed on the agenda and necessary decisions were made and the relevant departments were notified.
5. With the planning provided by the Department of Education and the Department of Information Technology of al-Mustafa International University, the necessary infrastructure to present classes online was made available. Over the past two days it has been tested in one of the campuses and, God-willing, it will be expanded to other campuses next week. We hope that by the end of next week an important part of the classes at al-Mustafa International University lessons will presented to students online.
In conclusion, I advise all of you dear ones to take advantage of this spiritual and luminous days and nights of Rajab and pay attention to the everlasting divine power and prayer to resolve your problems. May all the favour and graciousness of Imam al-Mahdi include all of you.
Praise be to God in all cases.
Rasa News Agency