RNA – Ayatollah Alireza Arafi, the head of the Islamic Seminaries of Iran, issued a statement on the readiness of the Islamic Seminaries, seminarians and clergy to help the officials and the public to eradicate the Coronavirus from Iran.
The Friday prayer leader of Qom said, “The unfortunate incident of the spread of the Coronavirus is the source of mass suffering for the honourable people of Qom and their beloved compatriots and has concerned all the great Iranian people and the distinguished scholars of the Islamic Seminaries and the sources of emulation and the Supreme Council of the Islamic Seminaries and the management of the Islamic Seminaries.”
He expressed sympathy to the sources of emulation, teachers, seminarians and pilgrims and to the management of the Islamic Seminaries and all the institutions as well as to those afflicted and the bereaved and wished for the exaltation to the victims and the immediate healing of the sick.
Ayatollah Arafi also noted a number of important points in regard to the Coronavirus, some of which are as follows:
• It’s the duty of all people to act according to the teachings of Islam and the guidelines of the sources of emulation and to pay attention to the principles of health and hygiene and the creditable institutions responsible for health and hygiene and to adhere to individual and social health recommendations.
• Accurate, comprehensive technical planning is an important prerequisite for victory over natural disasters and tribulations, including the Coronavirus, and it’s the responsibility of the country’s authorities in this sensitive area and everyone must cooperate.
• The principle of solidarity, social unity, coordination and cooperation based on Islamic jurisprudence, ethics and human values in social crises must not be overlooked.
• The steadfast spirit of determination and resistance is the secret of progress and victory in all arenas and in the face of adversity and tribulations, one must strive and stand with this progressive spirit and culture of resistance and struggle and not be afraid and passive and all must overcome this problem with unity and solidarity.
• It is clear that we must not neglect the exploitation by the enemies of the country and ill-wishers of the independent nations who use any excuse to attack the culture and destroy the economies of countries and the oppressed people of the world and to undermine the discourse of the Islamic Revolution and religious values.
Rasa News Agency