RNA – Speaking in a press conference delivered via video, Hujjat al-Islam Mohammad-Hadi Rahimi-Sadeq, the director of the Islamic Seminaries of Tehran province, described the jihadi actions and activities of the Islamic Seminaries of Tehran province and jihadi seminarians to confront COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and said, “Since the beginning of the outbreak of the Coronavirus, the Islamic Seminaries of Tehran province have cancelled in-person classes and began their jihadi activities in fighting against this vicious pandemic.”
He described the activities of 1,000 seminarians and jihadi teachers in Tehran province to confront the Coronavirus and stated, “74 men’s seminaries along with a number of women’s seminaries are directly engaged in fighting against the Coronavirus.”
Hujjat al-Islam Rahimi-Sadeq said that it’s worth mentioning that the Islamic Propaganda Organization, several Basij corps, missionary groups and cultural institutions have carried out close to seventy activities and measures in the form of a health camp in the administration complex of the Islamic Seminary of Tehran.
His Eminence mentioned that these activities and measures are based on seven axes:
1) The establishment of communication networks and the coordination of seminary and executive institutions.
2) Engaging in preventive activities and measures such as the disinfection of roads, neighbourhoods, residential complexes and public areas as well as production and distribution of medical masks, hospital uniforms and disinfectants.
3) The distribution of livelihood packages for low-income, needy and affected families.
4) Attending hospitals to help medical staff and patients and strengthen their morale.
5) Performing funeral rites (ablution, shrouding and burial) for the victims of the Coronavirus.
6) Engaging in cultural and spiritual measures and activities, such as the holding of ethics classes and contests online.
7) Preparing for the post-Coronavirus period through the created capacities of the current period and the implementation of plans being made now, such as the creation an academic and cultural camp to collect, document and explain the pure features of Islamic and Iranian culture.
Rasa News Agency