RNA – On certain days, such as the spread of diseases, such as COVID-19 (Coronavirus), couples and family members are more together than usual. How can we prevent marital conflicts or family conflicts?
Some people who are in the context of an emotional relationship believe that a good relationship is a conflict-free relationship, while this is nothing more than a myth. Whether we accept it or not, the principle of conflict in married life is inevitable. The experience of incompatibility and conflict is one of the characteristics of being human or one of the requirements of existence.
In general, family conflicts are divided into three categories: conflict between parents (spouses), conflict between parents and child or children and conflict between other family members.
The more connected people are, the greater the likelihood of conflict. Therefore, problems and conflicts may peak during the days when people spend long holidays together, especially in families that have had conflicts before.
However, the best way to temporarily control the situation and reduce conflicts is to plan to stay out of the realm of discord or triggers. For example, the arrival of a three-year-old child in the room of a thirteen-year-old brother and the disruption of his belongings upsets the older brother. The trigger for this difference is the entry of a three-year-old child into the room. He is unable to control his behavior in these situations, and usually a wave of family conflict ensues. The trigger for this discrepancy is the entry of a three-year-old child into the room. Therefore, making arrangements to do so could eliminate the conflict. For example, we can entertain the child in another way or the door of the room will always be closed. Another example is the difference between a father and a teenage daughter watching news at 9 pm and watching a serial or a movie. If the father can watch the news at another time or if the girl watches the serial or movie again at another time, the conflict will be resolved.
These days, parents (spouses) should plan their lives so that that the territory of the members is protected and their sensitivities are not compromised. It can be said that each person has set points in their psyche that will lead to an emotional and behavioural explosion. Therefore, people should avoid the danger zone as muc has possible.
Given the potential for disruption in the family’s economic system and the declining incomes of some families, all family members need to understand this situation and work with the father or head of the household for economic management. In particular, a woman with greater empathy for her husband and the use of marital skills can play an important role in reducing mental pressure and stress caused by unemployment and lack of income for her husband.
Make a list of necessary activities and a list of favourite activities for yourself and try to find a common family schedule in the family. The goal of adherence to individual programs is to preserve the territory and boundaries of family members. In the family, everyone has to have a limit for themselves. That is, while it belongs to the "we" of the family, it also retains its "I." If family members have dry and closed boundaries, we are dealing with a broken family, something like cohabitation, and if the privacy of people is scattered and uncertain, we are dealing with a tense family where people are very close and interdependent. The boundaries between family members and the boundaries between parents and children should be clear. In such families, the feeling of "being me" combined with the feeling of "being us" is realized.
Adjust your bedtime, waking, and eating time according to the new conditions and the agreement of the family members. To maintain the peace of the family, each person must be engaged in personal work for a significant part of the time during the day and night and not to have anything to do with other family members. To achieve this, take suggestions from the following ideas and creatively engage family members:
• Plan for group and family games (search for old and new games on the Internet)
• Browse old pictures and family albums together, relive memories and reminisce.
• Be happy and make the home environment as happy as it is. Tell jokes to each other and laugh together.
• Start writing memoires. The memories of a trip, an important event in life or even daily affairs and moods and emotions (writing helps to empty one’s mind)
• Solve crossword puzzles, play dominoes or mind games that engage your mind.
• Make a list of your favourite novels or favourite books and enjoy reading at home for long hours.
• If you know an art or craft, be sure to pay attention to it: painting, drawing, knitting, crocheting, sewing, etc.
• Browse useful websites and get general information or information related to your job or field of study.
• If you have a website, personal page, channel, group, etc., manage and organize it.
• Relax and meditate for a while during the day.
• Do home exercises and keep your body lively and active.
• Cook more yourself and order less from outside. make it. Make desserts, cakes, pastries, family-friendly dishes, or snacks that you’ve been wanting for a long time, but haven’t had a chance.
• Finally, keep in mind that quarantine can be one of the most memorable, purest and different periods of life for those of you who follow the rules.
Rasa News Agency