RNA - “The US administration’s Iran-bashing is limitless,” Majid Takht Ravanchi tweeted on Thursday, adding that despite Washington's efforts to spread disinformation about Tehran, "No one is fooled."
The US administration’s Iran-bashing is limitless.
While the world focusses on cooperation to defeat #COVID19—and calls on US to lift its #economicterrorism— @SecPompeo disregards this and instead spreads disinformation: this time against Iranian diplomats.
No one is fooled.
— Majid Takht Ravanchi (@TakhtRavanchi) April 2, 2020
Takht Ravachi's tweet came after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, President Donald Trump administration’s most notorious Iran hawk, leveled the accusation in an earlier tweet, calling Iranian diplomats “agents of terror.”
“While the world focuses on cooperation to defeat #COVID19 — and calls on US to lift its #economic terrorism — @SecPompeo disregards this and instead spreads disinformation: this time against Iranian diplomats,” he added.
Pompeo’s claims came amid pressures on the US to lift the sanctions it illegally and unilaterally returned against Iran after leaving a UN Security Council-endorsed nuclear agreement with the Islamic Republic and other major powers -- the UK, France, Russia, China and Germany -- back in 2015.
On Wednesday, President Hassan Rouhani said the US had lost a unique opportunity to correct some of its mistakes concerning Iran by lifting the sanctions against the Iranian nation and facilitating its fight against the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
“This was the best historic opportunity for the Americans to retrace their wrong path [by lifting the sanctions], and tell their [own] nation, for once at least, that ‘we are not against the Iranian nation,’” the Iranian president said.
The Americans, however, have “always acted against the Iranian people, and, today, their opposition towards the people came to be witnessed more clearly,” Rouhani added.
Takht Ravanchi had already blasted the United States’ back-to-back attempts at spreading “disinformation” about the Islamic Republic.
In a tweet in the middle of February, he said, “US disinformation campaign vs Iran continues.”
This came after the US military claimed that one of its warships had seized Yemen-bound weapons believed to be of Iranian "design and manufacture."