17 February 2020 - 15:11
News ID: 449106
A
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Mousavi strongly condemned the latest crime by the Saudi-led coalition which claimed the lives of dozens of civilians in al-Maslub, in Yemen’s Jawf Province.

RNA - Mousavi sympathized with the families of victims and the Yemeni people while strongly condemning the aggression which has taken the lives of women and children.

“During the past years we have repeatedly witnessed that whenever coalition forces, led by Saudi Arabia, or their allies concede humiliating defeats in the battlefield, they carry on inhumane killing of women, children and civilians using American weapons,” the Iranian foreign ministry spokesman said.

According to Fars News Agency, he reiterated that what has happened in Yemen’s Jawf province is just one instance of such war crimes.

“The international community’s silence towards this war crime has made its perpetrators more impertinent to kill more civilians and has led to the violation of all international and humanitarian rules,” Mousavi added.

According to Yemeni media, at least 30 civilians have been killed and many others injured in air raids conducted by Saudi warplanes on Yemen's Northern Jawf Province. The strikes targeted people who had gathered near the wreckage of a Saudi jet that had been shot down by the Yemeni forces on Friday evening.

The spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces said on Friday that they had downed a tornado warplane belonging to the Saudi-led coalition in Jawf Province. Brigadier General Yahya Saree said the warplane was brought down by an advanced air-to-ground missile.

847/940

Tags: Iran Yemen Saudi
Send comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
Please type in your comments in English.
The comments that contain insults or libel to individuals, ethnicities, or contradictions with the laws of the country and religious teachings will not be disclosed
Latest news
Most read
Favorites