RNA - The terrorist attack was conducted against an IRGC unit in Nikshahr in the central city of Nikshahr County in Sistan and Baluchistan province this morning.
The attack was carried out while the unit was performing morning ceremonies at their base.
Nikshar’s prosecutor Mohsen Golmohammadi told the media that the attack left one IRGC force martyred and five others injured. Two of the injured are in critical conditions and have been sent to the hospital, he added.
The so-called Jaish ul-Adl terror group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Golmohammad said that two gunmen opened fire at the Basij base while crossing along its walls.
He went on to say that efforts are underway to arrest the terrorists.
In a statement, the IRGC Ground Force's Quds confirmed the attack and the reported casualties.
Mamoudreza Naseh, an official in Iranshahr hospital, told the media that the attack has claimed one life and injured six others, adding, three of them have undergone surgeries and three others are receiving normal medical treatments.
The latest attack by the terrorist attack was on January 29 when four policemen sustained minor injuries after twin bombs detonated in front of a police station in Zahedan, the capital city of Sistan and Baluchistan Province.
Sistan and Baluchistan provincial police Chief Brigadier General Mohammad Qanbari, told media that an explosion rocked the city, located 1,468 kilometers (923.35 miles) southeast of the capital, Tehran, at 8:30 pm local time (1700 GMT).
Qanbari added that investigations carried out by law enforcement forces later revealed that the blast had been caused by a handmade stun grenade.
The senior police official noted that a bomb disposal unit was dispatched shortly afterwards to the site of the explosion, where they found a suspicious package on the street.
The bomb disposal experts then ordered the local residents to evacuate. The second device blew up as they were trying to defuse it, slightly injuring four members of the bomb squad.
The so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group later claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement.
According to Fars News Agancy, the last terrorist attack on the province, which borders with Pakistan and Afghanistan, was carried out on December 06 when a bomb planted inside a pick-up truck killed 2 people and wounded many others in front of a police station in the province’s international port city of Chabahar.
The suicide bomber meant to open his path into the Law Enforcement command center, but was forced to stop where he blew up himself and the truck.
Foreign media reports said that Ansar al-Forqan terrorist group claimed responsibility for the December suicide blast in Chabahar.
Earlier on October 16, twelve Iranian border guards were abducted by the same terrorist group, which is based in Pakistan.
Five of the abducted border guards returned home on November 22, a statement by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said.
Thanks to “hard work and interactions with the Pakistani side” five of the 12 forces, who were kidnapped in October by the so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group, are back home, the statement said.
It also stressed that efforts would continue to secure release the remaining Iranian captives, appreciating the patience of the abductees' families.