RNA - The July decree said that armed militants shall be exempt from liability if they surrender and hand over their weapons to judicial authorities or the police within three months from the date of that decree’s publication, Al Manar reported.
“Assad had issued a decree … on the extension of validity of the decree number 15 issued on July 28, 2016, for 3 more months,” the office said.
The move came as reports earlier this month suggest that more than 200 militants had laid down their arms and surrendered a strategic city in Western Ghouta to the Syrian government forces.
Over 200 militants in Elhameh region ended fight against the Syrian army and the legal government of Syrian President Bashar Assad and tuned themselves in to the government authorities.
In the meantime, 640 terrorists in al-Qodsiyeh and al-Hamah laid down their arms and left the two towns this week.