RNA - “On October 20, starting at 8 am, a humanitarian pause is to be introduced in Aleppo to allow civilians to escape and sick and injured people to be evacuated, and for militants to leave the Eastern part of the city,” Lt. Gen. Sergey Rudskoy said, RT reported.
He added that the people leaving Eastern Aleppo would be monitored in real time via web cameras and surveillance drones. The footage will be broadcast on the Russian Defense Ministry’s website.
According to Russian official, there are eight corridors in Aleppo, with six of them for civilians and humanitarian aid deliveries. Two of the corridors are meant for the rebels, who would be able to leave armed. One of those corridors is in the direction of the Turkey-Syria border, while the other leads to Idlib.
Syrian government forces have already ordered a withdrawal from those routes, according to the Russian top brass.
Syrian officials confirmed the extension of the pause and the pullout of government troops announced by the Russian general.
According to Lt. Gen. Sergey Rudskoy, during the pause Russian and Syrian warplanes will stay at least 10km away from Aleppo.
"Russian and Syrian jets keep a 10km distance from the city," he said, adding that the air forces of the two countries had not struck targets in the area since October 18.
Russia hopes that during the ceasefire humanitarian organizations, including the UN and Red Crescent, will be able to complete all the necessary plans to accommodate refugees leaving the city.
On Tuesday, Russia declared a pause in the offensive on Eastern Aleppo in the hope that it will lead to a complete ceasefire later in the week. So far, some of the militant group controlling the East of the city have continued their shelling of the government-controlled Western part.