19 October 2019 - 16:46
News ID: 447516
A
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Mousavi condemned the terrorist blasts at a mosque in Afghanistan, warning of attempts to sow discord among the Afghan people.

RNA - Mousavi in a statement on Friday condemned the attack, and offered condolences and sympathy to the Afghan government and nation, specially the families of the victims of the barbaric act.

"This act of terror and targeting defenseless worshippers who were saying their Friday prayers at God's House shows the nasty nature and vicious goals of terrorists to sow discord among Muslim people of Afghanistan and add fuel to the fire of insecurity and instability in this Muslim neighboring country," he said.

Scores of worshippers were killed and more than 100 others wounded following multiple blasts at a mosque in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, according to local officials.

Attaullah Khogyani, a spokesman for Nangarhar's governor, said at least 62 people had been killed by the explosions, which rocked the building in the Eastern province's Haska Mena district during Friday prayers.

Sohrab Qaderi, a member of the provincial council in Nangarhar, said that more than 100 others had been wounded in the incident and the death toll was likely to rise.

847/940

Send comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
Please type in your comments in English.
The comments that contain insults or libel to individuals, ethnicities, or contradictions with the laws of the country and religious teachings will not be disclosed
Last news
Favorites