RNA - The custodian office of Imam Hussain (AS) holy shrine, issued a statement in response to the false claims of al-Hurra TV channel against the religious institutions and Iraqi holy shrines.
The statement reads:
The report broadcasted by al-Hurra TV channel is far from the truth, as the holy shrines are symbols of stability and victory in Iraq. They serve people and state and have filled many gaps opened since 2003.
The main answers of the aforementioned statement to the claims of al-Hurra TV channel are:
- All the investment and service projects of the holy shrines are based on the decisions made by the federal government;
- Holy shrines are mainly focused on the provision of services, and investment projects are carried out by them solely for the provision of services;
- The custodian office of Imam Hussain (AS) holy shrine should pay the salary of 14000 employees each month.
- The rents received by the custodian office is spent on the accommodation, food, transport and services to the pilgrims.
- Al-Aliqa courtyard is being built with a budget of 500 million $, yet it has no income still;
- The towns constructed by the government haven’t been seized by the custodian offices of the holy shrines, they are legally bought and are going to be used as universities;
- The holy shrines have shouldered the responsibility of publishing the course books, and 135 billion Iraqi Dinar has been appropriated for the centres working abroad;
- The budget of Karbala being higher than the budget of the government is a false and baseless claim;
- Water and electricity consumed by the shrine aren’t free and the related bills show this issue;
- That the custodians of the shrines of Imam Hussain (AS) and Hazrat Abbas haven’t been changed since 2003 is an honour, as the custodians are installed and highly trusted by grand sources of emulation (Ayatollah Sistani, Hakim and Najafi).