RNA - “American officials are grappling with a kind of political disorder these days,” Brigadier General Hatami said on Friday, touching upon the recent move of the US against Foreign Minister Zarif.
“The rulers in the White House have stripped themselves of any international acceptability due to their illegal moves, and are showcasing their historical desperation, frustration and lack of options in the face of the global and rightful logic of the Islamic Republic,” he highlighted.
Hatami described Zarif as the rightful advocate of the Iranian nation’s discourse in the face of injustices, and underlined, “The American rulers showed with their new move that they respect no logic and no standard.”
“The dictatorial establishment of the US displayed once again with their move to sanction a legitimate foreign minister of a government, the senior officials of a country that they are not honest in their repeated calls for unconditional talks, and their wordplays are just aimed at waging psychological warfare, demagogy, and a propaganda hype to deceive the public opinion,” he highlighted.
The Iranian defense minister then addressed the White House, and reiterated that such show-off moves are of no effect on the will and resolution of the Iranian nation and government to resist against the US hegemonic system and undue demands.
“As the Supreme Leader [of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei] has said there will be neither a war, nor any negotiation,” Hatami asserted.
He added that the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran will strongly support the foreign minister, in conformity with the orders of the Leader.
Describing the US move as a childish and passive act that illustrated the decline of the US power, Hatami went on saying, “The Americans who were once fostering the idea of making decisions for the whole world are now so desperate and frustrated that bar a legitimate foreign minister of a country from entering the United Nations and are proud of their move.”
“However, Dr. Zarif has many tribunes and lecterns to convey the pro-truth voice of the Iranian nation,” he stressed.
The US Department of Treasury on Wednesday imposed sanctions against Zarif.
According to Fars News Agancy, Zarif, who has been Iran’s foreign minister since 2013, was the chief negotiator in the multinational nuclear deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
The Trump administration said last month it was planning to impose sanctions against Iranian top diplomat.
In reaction to the decision, Zarif played down the US sanctions against him, expressing pleasure that he is considered as a "huge threat" to Washington's plots.
"The US' reason for designating me is that I am Iran's primary spokesperson around the world," Zarif wrote on his Twitter account early Thursday.
"It has no effect on me or my family, as I have no property or interests outside of Iran," he added, asking the US whether the truth is really painful.
"Thank you for considering me such a huge threat to your agenda," Zarif reiterated.
"We know that calling for dialog and peace is an existential threat to B-Team. And since reason for designating me is my words, would US persons need OFAC license to engage with me by reading my writings or listening to interviews?" he wrote two hours later.
Zarif had earlier told the New York Times that "everyone who knows me knows that I, or my family, do not own any property outside Iran. I personally do not even have a bank account outside Iran. Iran is my entire life and my sole commitment. So I have no personal problem with possible sanctions".
"The only impact--and possibly the sole objective--of a possible designation would be to limit my ability to communicate. And I doubt that would serve anyone. Certainly, it would limit the possibility of informed decision making in Washington," he added.