RNA - Since the 1967 Six-Day War, the Palestinians have lived under a military occupation and terror in these territories. Netanyahu also praised President Trump for recognizing Jerusalem Al-Quds as Israel’s capital and for recognizing the Syrian Golan Heights as Israeli territory.
It is obvious that Netanyahu is still unable to interpret macro-level developments in the world. The decline of American influence in the Middle East, an increased awareness of Israeli apartheid around the world, and the Palestinian state membership at the United Nations have all worked together to erode Israel’s global position. As a consequence, the usurper regime is no longer able to justify the illegal occupation of Palestine and the Syrian Golan.
As well, some see Trump recognizing the Golan Heights as a part of Israel as a precursor to him recognizing the rest of the territories occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War. Netanyahu does know how to play to Trump’s ego, recently promising to name a settlement in the Golan Heights after him. He however doesn’t know that this is all about Trump’s reelection and not permanent occupation of Palestine, and certainly not a political future for Israel:
- Palestinians will never accept Trump’s Mideast peace plan, or anything else undesired by the Palestinians. Muslim countries should never make concessions as part of the US plan. The blueprint, still in draft form and billed by Trump as the “deal of the century”, jettisons the two-state solution which was supported by some world actors who had pinned hope on its efficiency. It envisages an expansion of Gaza into parts of northern Sinai, under Egyptian control.
- Israel has carried out a range of war crimes against the Palestinian people. Contrary to helping build the safe haven Israel had sought for, the wars have sowed the seeds of Israel’s own destruction with increased global isolation and condemnation.
- Israel continues to impose a complete closure of Gaza. The blockade is an intensification of criminal policies designed to isolate the population of Gaza, cripple its fragile economy, and provoke its people against Hamas. There can be no dispute that collective punishment is illegal under international humanitarian law. Israel cannot kill peaceful protesters along the Gaza border without facing the consequences.
- Israel is under immense pressure to end the apartheid and the occupation. The UN has condemned Israel’s occupation and settlement activities, human rights violations and blockage, systematic discrimination and genocide, as well as war crimes and crimes committed against humanity in Palestine.
- International law also says Palestinians have the legal right to fight occupation and they can use force to achieve their independence. It says Israel’s system is designedly one of repression and has no right to self-defense.
According to Fars News Agancy, it’s an echo of comments made by Iran’s Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, who says armed resistance is the only way to confront Israeli occupation and terror.
In his words: “Palestinian armed resistance and its expansion to the West Bank is the only way to confront this savage regime.”
Which is to say, the only way to ensure justice for Palestinians is indeed armed resistance because there is no hope for a change in occupied Palestine, specially after Trump’s bogus peace plan. The actions of civil societies, conscientious politicians and independent states have not yet changed that balance.
Sadly, as a consequence of discord and complicity in the Muslim world, Palestinians are still suffering. Israel continues to kill Palestinians and steal their lands. The regime has destroyed a nation and the Arab world is not doing anything about it. Quite the opposite, some are trying to normalize ties with Israel.
It’s yet another reason why armed resistance is the only choice for Palestinians to repel the aggressor and rid themselves of decades of occupation, loss and despair. By definition, occupation and apartheid have no place in the 21st century. The Palestinians should never let Tel Aviv’s occupation regime - in any form and under any pretext - pass unopposed.