RNA - The death sentences, that had been issued by Branch 15 of Tehran’s Islamic Revolution Tribunal back in May, have been sent for implementation to the Prosecutor’s Office, said Moussa Qazanfarabadi, the head of the capital’s Islamic Revolutionary Tribunal, Tasnim News Agency reported on Friday.
He said the convicts had been convicted of "participating in crimes punishable by death". The sentences would be implemented after the Judiciary chief grants the necessary permission, the official noted.
In June 2017, the Daesh Takfiri terror group carried out simultaneous attacks on Iran's Parliament and the Mausoleum of the Founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini. A total of 17 people were killed during the attacks.
The dead included five Daesh gunmen and bombers that had staged the attacks.
The eight convicts sentenced to death are among a total of 26 people who were arrested in the aftermath of the attacks mainly in operations along the borders with Iraq and Turkey.
They have appealed their sentences to the Supreme Court, which has upheld their sentences.
The cases of the remaining 18 Daesh members who were involved in last year's attacks in Tehran are still under legal investigation.